Saturday 24 April 2010

Shaking Eddie Izzard's hand

I was in town this morning, checking out the St George's Day festivities while waiting to meet my nephew Edward for lunch, when I spotted my friend Lilian and a lot of people with Labour placards. Lilian is standing as their candidate in Nottingham South, hoping to take over from Alan Simpson. She is blogging about her campaign: details here.

With her was Eddie Izzard, wearing a Labour rosette, shaking lots of hands and having his picture taken. I was very pleased to be introduced by Lilian saying "Eddie, this my friend Bob" and had a quick chat with him before he was whisked off for more photos and handshaking. Didn't get a chance to ask him about how his feet were after he ran 47 consecutive marathons for Sports Relief.

Alongside Lilian was Chris Leslie. I introduced myself to him as a voter in Nottingham East but did not get a chance to ask him any policy questions before he was being moved on to shake more hands. I can report that he seems pleasant enough, with a good handshake, and an easy manner with the voters.

Well that's my sprinkling of stardust for the election, meeting Eddie Izzard. Sonia was very jealous when I rang to tell her that she should have come into town so she could have met him.

No comments:

Post a Comment